Row-athon At Roworx To Help Support Angela Madsen Row Solo Across The Pacific Ocean To Hawaii
ROWORX INDOOR ROWING IN LONG BEACH Will Be Holding A Fundraiser For Angela Madsen At The Boathouse As We Row A Half Marathon Distance On The Concept 2 Indoor Rowing Machine In Order To Show Our Support For Her Solo Row Across The Pacific On Sunday June 16th From Noon-3pm!
On June 8, 2013 Angela Madsen will launch her boat “Spirit of Orlando” from the Yacht Club in Santa Cruz, CA and row solo, unsupported and nonstop to the Waikiki Yacht Club in Honolulu, HI. She is expected to arrive there 80 to 100 days later. During the row she will be available for interviews via Satellite telephone and we will also be attempting some pod-casting.
There will be a tracking page on this website www.rowoflife.com where you can monitor her progress and send her short messages during her journey.
The Cost: $40
All Proceeds Go To Angel Madsen And Her Site www.rowoflife.com
The Details: Half Marathon For Angela Madsen
Top 5 Things to Know While Rowing a Half Marathon On The Concept 2 Rowing Machine
1) Hydrate.. Drink Lots Of Water Before, During, And After The Marathon
2) Make Sure The Monitor Doesn’t Shut Off! Press Buttons And Change Display To Keep The Handle Moving Throughout The Workout So That The Monitor Does Not Shut Off And Reset.
4) You Can Row Any Pace You Want.. Drills, Arms Only, Etc… As Long As The Flywheel Is Moving You Are Traveling More Meters.
5) Have Fun!!! We Will Watch Movies After The Noon Class Is Over And Whoever Wants To Stay Longer To Finish Can Stay.
*Food, drinks, and special Juice Plus Shakes will be provided during this event at the boathouse. Row hard and have fun!
A List Of Angela’s Recent Accomplishments
- 2007-Atlantic Ocean Crossing, RowofLife-66 days
- 2008-Paralympics in Beijing-Rowing
- 2009-Indian Ocean Crossing, Pirate Row- 58 days
- 2010-Row Around Great Britain, SeaGals- 51 days
- 2011-Atlantic Ocean Crossing, Big Blue- 47 days
- 2012-Paralympics in London-Shot Put (Bronze Medal Shot)
- 2013-TransPac Solo Row, CA2HI-80 to 100 days