9 Reasons To Row With Roworx
The benefits of rowing are pretty amazing. Whether you row on the water with the wind in your hair or at our indoor rowing gym with it’s incomparable view of Marine Stadium, you’ll notice the difference in just a few sessions.We can probably think of a hundred reasons to start rowing today, but we’ll start with these nine.
1. Rowing is a complete workout. Rowing is a whole body exercise. It works out every muscle in your body—heart, legs, arms, and core.
2. Fitness first, last and forever. Rowing is a low-impact exercise that can be done by all ages. Bad knees, short legs, two left feet, or perfect physique, rowing is an exercise that can adjust to your fitness level and goals.
3. Rowing for weight loss. Rowing is both cardiovascular exercise and resistance training. In laymen’s terms that means it will burn fat and build muscle at the same time. Exercise doesn’t get much better than that!
4. With rowing, you’re in control. Did you over do it at the pasta bar last night? Increase your speed or resistance for a tougher workout. Need some time to recoup after an illness? Low slow down for a rhythmic workout that more meditation than muscle.
5. Row and relax. Did we say meditation? Yep. Some say it’s the endorphins, others swear it’s something about the rhythm. The truth is that many folks find rowing to be as effective as meditation at relieving stress and increasing their sense of well-being.
6. Flexible fitness. Exercising with a rowing machine uses movements that take muscles through a wide range of motion. Rowing stretches muscles and rotates joints resulting in improved mobility and flexibility.
7. Rowing can improve your coordination. Feel a little clumsy with other workout machines? Rowing strengthens your core and instills a sense of rhythm. Over time, rowing can help you be more aware of your body and in control of every movement.
8. Core development. Rowing builds strength and tones muscles, especially in your back and core. A strong core is essential for many of the little tasks we do every day and contributes to overall quality of life and health.
9. Quick results. Rowing burns up to 800 calories per hour.